Prize-giving ceremonies are a special part of school life where students are recognized for their achievements. These events inspire students to work hard and excel in academics, sports, and other activities. In this letter, I will describe a recent prize-giving ceremony to my friend, highlighting the excitement and memorable moments. This will help students from classes 6 to 12 understand how to describe similar events in their own writing.
A Letter to My Friend Describing the Prize-Giving Ceremony
6, Kandapara,
Narshingdi.
18 September 2024.
Dear Sumon,
I hope you're doing well! I just had to write to you about the amazing prize-giving ceremony we had at our school last week. It was such a grand event, and I think you would have really enjoyed it.
The ceremony was held in the school auditorium, which was beautifully decorated with colorful banners, balloons, and lights. All the students, teachers, and many parents were present, making the atmosphere feel both festive and exciting. The event started with a welcome speech from our principal, who congratulated all the students for their hard work and dedication throughout the year.
After that, the main event began! One by one, students were called on stage to receive their prizes. There were awards for academic excellence, sports achievements, and extracurricular activities like debating and cultural performances. I was so proud when I saw some of my friends winning prizes—they looked so happy as they went on stage to collect their medals and certificates.
The best part for me was when the top performers of the year were called. The whole audience cheered for them! Even though I didn't win any prizes this time, the ceremony motivated me to work even harder for next year. I’ve decided to put more effort into my studies and sports so that I can experience the thrill of going on stage and receiving an award.
At the end of the ceremony, there was a cultural program with music, dancing, and a short play performed by the students. It was such a fun way to end the event. The audience clapped and cheered, and everyone left feeling inspired and happy.
I wish you could have been there to see it all. Hopefully, we’ll both be able to share stories about our own prize-giving ceremonies soon. Write back when you can!
Take care,
Your friend,
Rahim
Conclusion:
Describing a prize-giving ceremony in a letter helps students improve their writing skills by focusing on specific events and details. It also gives them a chance to reflect on the importance of hard work and how it feels to celebrate achievements with their peers and school community.
